• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Macbook tablet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
It's lookin' a little bit flemsy to me. I like something that doesn't snap in half when I try to use it :)

Reaction score
Wow that looks pretty neat, though I agree with Jeff. Still a cool find!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I thought they wanted to do away with the stylus?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
Looks flimsy, and that keyboard has got to hurt the knuckles and wrists. I'll pass until I can see a real version from the folks at Apple (or until I can get my hands on a "modbook")

Reaction score
what are the chances

lol was just looking at that on digg before i cam here

So what are the chances of this being real and when if its is do u think we'll see it come out

I can see me having a real use for this it would make the ideal portable screen to a media center i currently use a laptop but i means i'd be able to ditch having to carry around the key board

then when i wanted to use it as a computer again i cud hook the keyboard rite back up

well its nice to dream id never be able to afford this thing if it ever came our

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's not real. It's a mock-up of what some guy in France wants to do. IMO, the likelyhood of it being real is somewhere between a never and a hopeful maybe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
That's just some guy's mockup, I doubt there's anything like that on the way. Seriously, a touch-screen desktop? No-one is going to use a touch-screen on the desktop, it's just too impractical, your arm would be aching within minutes. And if you were carrying that with one arm, your fingers would wrap round and probably touch the screen. Ugh.

It certain looks classy, but I can't see how it would be a useful thing. Perhaps a MacBook-style with the guts behind the screen so the keyboard can detach, but that would be top-heavy - I'd prefer a just a MacBook - with a trackpad - and a touch-screen for when you need it.

I've yet to see a tablet PC - either concept or product - that looks practical to use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20, Intel Dual Core 2.3GHz, 1Gb RAM, 256Mb Video; G4 tower 444Mhz w/ 1G RAM, 2x G3 towers
IMO, the likelyhood of it being real is somewhere between a never and a hopeful maybe.
Funny, I was watching this movie that was purely fictional, it didn't even have human actors in it... and this girl had a tube with buttons on it. she held it like a scroll and pulled a piece of it to the side, and a holgram showed some information just like an old scroll would read... then i saw a real-life example of that same constantly-changing information on a piece of clear plastic that rolled up into a similar tube... It was once believed that man COULD NOT travel faster than 30 miles per hour because his lungs would collapse from lack of air. and a man was called a fool because he wanted to strap wings to a man that he could fly as the birds. today, we are designing airplanes that exceed soundwaves without a shudder.
My name is Dorian, and I left a similar comment on that page. i might seem a little critical, but we would not have ANYTHING that we have today if it were not for someone bold enough to put their ideas on paper. i think it's a great idea. there are 6 billion people on this planet that have the opportunity to make it work. if this guy can't do it, maybe somebody can find a way to make it work that would be feasable to the public. I don't know, but a standing ovation to him for even trying. !!

Reaction score
Why did you say a STUPID thing like that? The ModBook is REAL and I'm getting one at the end of this month.

Meanwhile this thing looks like a toy that two year old children can play and break.
That didn't quite come out the way I meant it to...I was referring to the modbook's status as the only OSX tablet on the market, but if this new one is just a dreamed up design and not actually in the works, then disregard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Funny, I was watching this movie that was purely fictional, it didn't even have human actors in it... and this girl had a tube with buttons on it. she held it like a scroll and pulled a piece of it to the side, and a holgram showed some information just like an old scroll would read... then i saw a real-life example of that same constantly-changing information on a piece of clear plastic that rolled up into a similar tube... It was once believed that man COULD NOT travel faster than 30 miles per hour because his lungs would collapse from lack of air. and a man was called a fool because he wanted to strap wings to a man that he could fly as the birds. today, we are designing airplanes that exceed soundwaves without a shudder.
My name is Dorian, and I left a similar comment on that page. i might seem a little critical, but we would not have ANYTHING that we have today if it were not for someone bold enough to put their ideas on paper. i think it's a great idea. there are 6 billion people on this planet that have the opportunity to make it work. if this guy can't do it, maybe somebody can find a way to make it work that would be feasable to the public. I don't know, but a standing ovation to him for even trying. !!

Oh I perfectly understand that he's got an idea. However from the looks of his design, it is very flawed, and without a major overhaul, no major manufacturer would take it as is. Hence my opinion on the subject.

I love the idea of a tablet Mac/PC. Trust me if I could afford one, I'd be after one of the Modbooks...they're awesome. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (black) 2.0 core2, 2gigs ram, 120gig HD / 24" iMac, 2.33 core 2, 2 gig, 256 grapics, 500hd
Pretty sweet looking... but to many parts and pieces to keep track of.

Reaction score
I never really found the purpose of tablets so can't say I'm excited about this.

Reaction score
That didn't quite come out the way I meant it to...I was referring to the modbook's status as the only OSX tablet on the market, but if this new one is just a dreamed up design and not actually in the works, then disregard.

Oh I understand now. Sorry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" ibook g4, 1.42ghz. 512mb ram, 60gb hdd
I don't like tablet computers I don't think they really have anything to offer. The touch screen would be nice but your screen would be dirty in no time, I'd rather use a laptop.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
I don't like tablet computers I don't think they really have anything to offer. The touch screen would be nice but your screen would be dirty in no time, I'd rather use a laptop.

I agree. There are several design flaws inherent to tablets that make them a bad choice. For starters, your greasy fingers are going to be all over the screen and make it dirty. No one wants to be cleaning their screen on a daily basis. Second, a mouse is 1000x faster than using your fingers, plus there's the issue of getting tired when using your arm that much. Third - based on that mockup - people would be losing that wireless keyboard right and left.

I do think tablets will have a place in the future. I can see them being used on factory floors, for example. But they need to merge with e-readers first so that they are thin and light but still have enough juice to power Windows and also run all day. That's not going to happen for awhile, at least not until battery technology improves and they can make one thin enough to be easy to carry.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.