Macbook shells

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook, 2.1Ghz C2D, 1GB RAM, 500Gb HDD, OSX Leopard 10.5.8
i have a 13" Macbook, i've been trawling the net but havent found anything, i was wondering if anybody made clear shells, i'm not talking see through clip on protective things, clear body pieces that you replaced your old body with so you could look through the macbook and into it's internals and that, are these available anywhere???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook pro 13" 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo 8GB RAM 750 GB HDD
Your not going to see anything like that unless you build it yourself. If you do build it yourself you would need to disassemble the whole computer and put it back again.

Good luck

Reaction score
a see thru mac would be pretty awesome :)

might want to find someone who MOD's things regularly
[like xbox's, Playstations, tv's etc]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2008 MBP
i have a 13" Macbook, i've been trawling the net but havent found anything, i was wondering if anybody made clear shells, i'm not talking see through clip on protective things, clear body pieces that you replaced your old body with so you could look through the macbook and into it's internals and that, are these available anywhere???

Considering how patent happy Apple is I'm wondering if they have patented the cases in some form or fashion so that a third party wouldn't be able to make clear copies of their white polycarb cases. If there are any patents then you would likely be out of luck.... if you were so inclined you could strip one down to the pieces, make molds of those pieces and then use an Acrylic resin to create a copy... you would have to tap out some threads for some of the screws that go directly into the polycarb body.

In the end the question is just how much are you willing to pay for the privilege of seeing some circuit boards/battery/hard drive and dvd drive.... For me it wouldn't be worth the trouble. Nothing worth seeing really... I suspect even if there were no patent issues to keep someone from doing it they would never be able to recoup the money spent making the molds to make it worth while.

OP
~TheProxy~
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook, 2.1Ghz C2D, 1GB RAM, 500Gb HDD, OSX Leopard 10.5.8
yeah it would have to be a company that makes bodys for many things to be able to afford making ones for macbooks

i'm not afraid to take them apart, i used to be a hardware call out guy, taking apart 10 lappy's a day or more, mostly motherboard swaps with fried integrated nvidia cards

i probably wont go to the effort to make my own one heheheh

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.