macBook Pro vs Mac Air

Reaction score
I currently have a 2 yr imac but am thinking of getting a laptop in the net 18 months but don't know much about them and need some help. I plan on using it for sales presentations..creating graphs...doing financial programs and the like. Which laptop is "better"? Do I want a mac book Pro or mac Air? Is one better than the other which would you folks suggest? What are the main differences? ANY input would be appreciated Thanks

ironman

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I currently have a 2 yr imac but am thinking of getting a laptop in the net 18 months...

How much do you want to bet that 18 months from now you'll be asking the same question...since it's VERY likely things will change.;) 18 months ahead of time is really a long time for this sort of purchase.

But to answer your question. If you're comparing current 13" MBP's vs. a 13" MBA's two quick things:

- The 13" MBP's have a retina display (sharper images)
- The 13" MBA is lighter.

But in 18 months...things can & most certainly will change. Either on your end, Apple's end (newer models) or both. The fact that Apple will almost certainly have released new models is one of the main reasons this discussion is really too far ahead (18 months).:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.