Macbook Pro Spill

Reaction score
I spilled coffee on my macbook pro today. It was closed and the liquid seeped in through the side. It turned on when I opened it, but there is obvious liquid under the screen. I shut it down immediately and turned it upside down in front of the fan. I can't get an appointment with apple for another 2 days. Is there anything to do in the meantime? I understand they may not be able to do anything either, but I'd like to try. Should I put it in rice? Any suggestions?! Help!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not much you can do except keep it turned off upside down and let it dry. Don't put it in rice as the rice will get into the ports. Unless you're adept at taking your machine apart and cleaning - troubleshooting it yourself, it's best to let Apple look at. However, I'll tell you up front that Apple will likely recommend a very expensive repair like changing the logic board and if the screen has been damaged, that too. I hate to sound negative, but you may be looking at getting a new MacBook Pro rather than spending a great amount of money repairing the one you have now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.