Macbook Pro replacement battery not charging

Reaction score
I purchsed an appropriate replacement battery for my 2008 Macbook Pro. After instalation I charged the battery full, then disconnected to power adapter and used the battery until low battery made unit go to sleep. Turn unit off and allwoed 6 hours before recharging. Upon recharging, I noticed that the battery wasn't charging and if power adapter was disconnected, the laptop would instantly shut off. Reattached power adapter and laptop will work fine as long as power adapter attached. Battery still shows "not charging".
Any recommendatons?

OP
G
Reaction score
Battery won't charge.

Have tried resetting SMC. No change . This IS an Intel based Macbook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz. I purchased the replacement battery from Amazon: Lithion Ion 6 cell 5200mAh. Any other suggestions. Thanks

C

chas_m

So I gather this is not an Apple battery, or one from a reputable dealer. If I'm correct on that, then I'm inclined to agree with ron4mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.