macbook pro help

Reaction score
Two things have been really odd lately. i got my macbook pro two weeks ago and evrything was fine when i got it, or at least from what i remember. One problem is the airport. On the bar the signal symbol is full, however, when i try to connect it says i am not connected to the internet. i go to the setting page and the "network settings" bullet is yellow. Yet for some reason, after some time, ill get access to the internet. Anyone know why it happens? It takes anywhere from 3 to 15 min for me to get access after i turn it on, same thing happens after the laptops been asleep.

Second problem, i reinstalled the mac osx cd (to see if the above problem would be fixed, thats what mac support told me to do) and it asked me for my password after the it restarted, and i dont have that on my settings. However, after i put my password, it would say "logging in" and it would take me back to the "type password" box. I am 1000% sure it was the correct password because when it wasnt, it would say "incorrect password". I had to turn it off the "pressing the button for some seconds" way and i havent had that problem anymore. Anyone know why this is happening?

thanks

and i know its a lot of text, sorry:|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Have you tried the assist me button in the bottom left of the network screen in system
preferences under network.

OP
J
Reaction score
i have, however, it tells me to restart my router...however, my xbox works just fine, and when i plug in the ethernet cable directly to my laptop, i have no problem with the internet. Its only with the airport, for some reason

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Not sure what router you have but it is not uncommon to have to reboot both router and modem at close to the same time had to do this with cable at least every couple of months.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.