Macbook pro fully upgraded

Reaction score
I Am looking into buying my first MacBook Pro 13" with retina and I want it full upgraded, because I plan on having it for a good 4-5 years before replacing it. But if I fully upgrade it I am worried that with 3.0ghz, 16gb ram and 1tb storage it would reduce battery usage time and be more prone to overheating. Is this true Or would it be ok?

C

chas_m

Macs don't overheat. This is a fallacy that nontechnical people perpetuate because the metal casing gets warm (that is, in fact, the computer dispersing heat as it was designed to do).

You didn't say if you mean 1TB of hard drive or 1TB of SSD, but the latter would certainly not impact battery life in the slightest and the former would have more of an impact but not significantly.

Loading up and maxing out a new computer can HELP future-proof it but is no guarantee that it will last longer than one that is not maxed out. Bigger hard drives do not magically fail less often than smaller hard drives, for example. Certainly, if you can afford to max it out from the get-go, that's great.

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I meant 1TB Hard drive, but would a 1TB SSD be better or an improvement in any way?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.