Macbook pro black screen

Reaction score
I was working on my macbook pro, got busy on the phone and my macbook went to sleep. Now it only shows black screen. When I restart - the startup chime sounds - but still black screen. Have tried resetting SMC and NVRAM and restarting in safe mode - but no joy?

Please help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
I was working on my macbook pro, got busy on the phone and my macbook went to sleep. Now it only shows black screen. When I restart - the startup chime sounds - but still black screen. Have tried resetting SMC and NVRAM and restarting in safe mode - but no joy?

Please help!!

I had the same thing happen to by Mackbook Air a few months ago. I tried reinstalling OS X from a external drive and it would often hang on the reboot. I carried it to the closest Apple store and the tech did a format of the drive, which reinstalled the boot sector and OS X then installed fine and fixed the issue. So it turns out the boot sector of the machine got corrupted. How, I have no idea. But turns out you have to reformat through disk utilities on a Mac to install it, unlike windows which does it by default.. I felt stupid and happy to have the computer fixed at the same time.. But chances are you may have them to do the same..

Here is a video of what mine was doing.. http://youtu.be/05t5lTSEFa4

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.