Macbook pro Battery and AC Power!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Retina Macbook Pro 2014 model, 2.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB Ram and 256 GB SSD
Hello everyone,

I bought a new rMBP 2014 a month ago. Uptil now, I have charging the battery full and then draining the battery till the end and I have done it 3 times as my usage wasn't heavy in the last few days.

However, now I will be using my macbook for longer durations so can anyone please guide me about how to keep my battery healthy and maintained along with the fact that can I keep my macbook on AC power for long or will there be a danger of over-charging it? For how long can we use the macbook on AC power and how frequently should we use the battery and then charge it?

I would really appreciate if you could guide me on this process as I am really confused.

C

chas_m

You're waaaaaay overthinking this. It's probably a good practice to fully cycle the battery maybe once a month if used heavily? There's no such thing as overcharging the battery. That battery will last years longer than you'll have that machine regardless.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Retina Macbook Pro 2014 model, 2.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB Ram and 256 GB SSD
You're waaaaaay overthinking this. It's probably a good practice to fully cycle the battery maybe once a month if used heavily? There's no such thing as overcharging the battery. That battery will last years longer than you'll have that machine regardless.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.