MacBook Pro A1425

Reaction score
Would be customer has said she has spilled liquid on her A1425. Despite what I told her about not continuing to turn it on she continues to do just that. First it worked for a week then it didn't boot, then it booted but the battery wouldn't charge. Now she just wants a quote for a new battery which I've said probably won't do much good.

To make things worse she says she must have her data back. I've again told her to not use it but if she insists then to back up all the important data. She says she doesn't know how to do this and so it goes on.

This was an early Retina display model with a limited production run and parts are hard to find.

However, the only good thing is the hard drive is some sort of propriety one with is in its own compartment, so I'm pretty sure I can recover the data using the appropriate usb caddy or given her cavalier attitude to the machine just copy it while the notebook is working

Any idea which caddy I need to buy in the very unlikely scenario she will go ahead?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Check at OWC (macsales.com). They have enclosures for most, if not all, of the drives Apple uses.

OP
A
Reaction score
Can't find much on there plus postage costs to the UK will probably make it too expensive for a part I'm unlikely to need again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.