Macbook Pro A1260

Reaction score
Hello there,
i have a macbook pro model A1260 with mavericks. My question is, does anyone knows if this equipment works fines with the new IOS 8? What about your experience?

many thanks

best rgds

Nuno L.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
In order to obtain all the benefits of iOS 8, your MacBook Pro should be running Yosemite OS X 10.10.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If your MacBook Pro works OK with Mavericks, there is a good chance it will work OK with Yosemite. You didn't give us any specs on your MacBook Pro but make sure you have enough memory. Yosemite works best with 8 GB of memory and enough hard drive space.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Your memory is the bare minimum and without knowing how much free space you have on your hard drive, it's hard to predict how well it will run. Each new upgrade of OS X requires more memory and hard drive space. Remember that Apple publishes the "minimum" requirements, not the "ideal" requirements.

OP
N
Reaction score
and if i update to Yosemite, and see the something is wrong, too much lag, etc etc, can i downgrade to mavericks?
if so, where i can download the Mavericks software to reinstall on the mac?
many thanks for your help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.