MacBook Pro 2015/2016 Gaming

Reaction score
Hello MacForums! This is my first post, and I'm new to all things Apple. I've been an Android/Windows guy my entire life. Although back in the day before Android was any good I had an iPhone 3G and 4.

But I've made my mind up that I'm getting an iPhone 6s Plus and a MacBook Pro to replace my current garbage laptop in college.

There is current talk about the 2016 model having a dedicated GTX 950. Is this likely? Because up until now I didn't think macbook pros had dedicated graphics cards? With an i7 and GTX 950 the laptop would be able to handle games pretty well, right?

That's my biggest 'concern', I'm debating on whether or not to wait on the release or buy the current model at a discount this Black Friday.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 inch 2,6Ghz I7 - MacPro 5,1 3,2Ghz-6Core Xeon
Gtx950? That is very unlikely since that is not a mobile gpu ;) . As for the 950m Your probably looking at medium-low settings for new titles. (Although i have no idea about the rumor just telling you what i know)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 inch 2,6Ghz I7 - MacPro 5,1 3,2Ghz-6Core Xeon
There is just simply no way.... With how thin A macbook pro currently is there isn't going to fit an Gtx950 in there. It must be a typo from the site. neither is the Gtx 950 Nor the 950m a new card

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.