Macbook Pro 2011 crashing on boot up.

Reaction score
I few years ago I bought a used 2011 Macbook Pro and its worked great. It has an i7 cpu and I upgraded it with 16 gbs. Once the hard drive completely crashed and I had to format/erase the whole computer. I had made the mistake of not backing anything as well. Just recently it has been acting strange. At first, sometimes it would shut off when I shut the lid instead of going to sleep. Then when I would restart it it would shut off in the middle of booting up 1 or 2 times before actually turning on correctly. It still works fine, just after failing to start up a couple times. Today it just shut off randomly, then restarted, failed on the first boot, then finally came back on fine. I plan on backing up all my important files asap. I'm not sure if this is a real problem because after it boots it works just fine. I'm thinking about erasing the harddrive completely and seeing if that fixes the problem. As you can understand I'm concerned because replacing this thing is not in my budget. What could be wrong? Should I be concerned? Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.