Macbook just shut off on me

Reaction score
I closed the lid to put it to sleep and then I notice the apple light up and off then I heard the restart chime. This all happened with the lid down. Should I be worried? I checked the disk and permissions and everything is fine.
thanks

Reaction score
It is rather random ... it's probably just a one-off and we could speculate as to what may have caused this reboot, but I think it best to just keep an eye on things and if it ever occurs again just post back ...

J

jamesx

everything is probably fine... but just in case there is something wrong BACK UP YOUR DATA. it will be worth it if there is a problem...

Reaction score
everything is probably fine... but just in case there is something wrong BACK UP YOUR DATA. it will be worth it if there is a problem...

I second this advice and add that you shouldn't wait until you have a perceived problem before doing so.

OP
K
Reaction score
Everything has been fine since yesterday. THis happened only once before and again yesterday. I have been rather busy with school so I haven't had time to shop. Tomorrow I am buying a WD 500GB drive. It also happened to my buddy once as well.

Thanks bro's

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.