Macbook Full Time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2 GHz 2 GB RAM 120 GB HD.
Hello, recently my PC has officially bit the dust. Atleast for right now. My hard drive actually caught on fire and is now useless. I' m not sure yet, however my motherboard and processor might be friend. I have not checked them out being I don't have the time at the moment. I am waiting on Seagate to replace the HD. At any rate though, this is not the point.

I bought a Macbook around x-mas and I use it for all of my work. (Graphic/Web Design). With my PC being dead I simply connect everything to the Macbook including my 17" LCD. Now, I am considering scrapping the PC and selling the parts seperatly and buying either another 17" LCD, 20" or 24". If I do this, my Macbook will by my primary computer. I will be using it for Design, Media (Movies, Music, Etc), and other common tasks. It will virtually always be on, or running something. Aside from when I am on the go.

At any rate my main question comes down to this. Will my Macbook be ok as my primary computer doing everything I need. Should I possibly invest in a mat of sorts with fans to keep the bottom cool as it sits at home?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
See this thread. Lots of answers to your question appear here.

I use my MacBook as my primary computer and it's near perfect.

I do not see the need for any kind of cooling device-- the bottom gets a bit warm sometimes, but never alarmingly so.

Good luck!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
ditto caribiner. only computer. i don't even use an external monitor. just a good lapdesk and some good peripherals like ext HD, usb media card reader, external travel speakers and headphones.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.