Macbook freezing

Reaction score
Hey all,

a problem is starting to appear on a more regular basis. Every now and again my macbook freezes to the point where the cursor still zips around the screen but I'm not able to do anything with it. The only solution so far is to close the lid and wait for the little light to start glowing intermittently before, this normally takes about 2 minutes.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can repair this and stop it from happening ?

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 15 inch, 2.3 C2D
LOL when i read ur post i thought it was literally 'freezing' and wondered by ,,, just try reinstalling Mac OS X

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
Have you ran disk utility? Finder>applications>utilities>disk utility.
if that doesn't work you could do it this way:

Try Disk Utility

Insert the Mac OS X Install disc that came with your computer, then restart the computer while holding the C key.
When your computer finishes starting up from the disc, choose Disk Utility from the Installer menu. (In Mac OS X 10.4 or later, you must select your language first.)
Important: Do not click Continue in the first screen of the Installer. If you do, you must restart from the disc again to access Disk Utility.
Click the First Aid tab.
Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.
Select your Mac OS X volume.
Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

And if that still doesn't work then try this:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107120

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.