macbook freeze at login?

Reaction score
hey all ive had my black intel macbook since my birthday 1/24/07......and i have a problem thats not all the time but once in a while and its REALLY annoying......for example i would shut down my macbook normally..... and when i would go to turn it on it will load up and show the status bar load.....and when it ask's me for my password i will type it in and when i hit enter it shows a pinwheel and dosent do anything just sits there......ive left ir for 20 mins 1 time and nothing......to the point im hard rebooting over and over again untill it works.....it usually takes me 1 or 2 reboots to work but this time took me over 1 1/2 hours to make it work......i dont kno what it is but also my dad and mom's macbook does this also.....is there a fix to it?......i have all my updates and so do my parents......its really bad when i have work to do and my macbook is asleep and i open it for it to do the same thing even when its not shut down......please help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.