Macbook crashing

Reaction score
My macbook crashed twice today. Once it was an error message the computer needed to be manually restarted and i had to press and hold down the power button. The other time it got frozen and crashed using the dvd player (when i pressed stop it froze, put computer into sleep mode and then restarted).

Im wondering if limewire or azureus could be the culprit. If so how do i unistall them? (could it have given me a virus?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
Just drag the program icon to the trash to uninstall the program.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
I don't think LimeWire would be the cause. I have LimeWire and I don't have any problems. But if you think you're having problems with it, try Acquisition or Poisoned, or iSwipe. They're all free but you can acquire a license. One of those supports torrent files. They're good, but I still prefer LimeWire.

Anyway, if I may suggest a torrent client.. try Transmission, it's free. I think it's from the makers of Speed Download. I have both and they're good, but Speed Download is exceptional.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
Just drag the program icon to the trash to uninstall the program.

You can also use separate uninstaller programs like CleanApp to make sure you delete all its traces. :girl:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't think LimeWire would be the cause. I have LimeWire and I don't have any problems. But if you think you're having problems with it, try Acquisition or Poisoned, or iSwipe. They're all free but you can acquire a license. One of those supports torrent files. They're good, but I still prefer LimeWire.

Is Limewire a P2P software? It it is, doesn't it open window for spywares into Mac?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is Limewire a P2P software? It it is, doesn't it open window for spywares into Mac?

At this present time there is no Spyware for OSX. None at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So there is no point in downloading and installing the MacScan software I found in the Apple utilities website. Would MacScan help? Thanks.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
hagios1972, at this time the Apple environment is not affected by malware, spyware and virus. The only use for virus canner is to be protect our friend in the windows world from virus laden e-mails.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.