MacBook Air drive adapter needed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 13,2, i7, 3Tb, 24G RAM
My MacBook Air, approximately 2013, died not too long ago. Not sure what the problem was, and it would have cost about the same to try and repair it as getting a reconditioned 2017 model.

The MacBook was a portable companion of my desktop iMac. I did not bother with a backup, since all the files I kept on it were synced through iCloud to my desktop (which does get backed up). Well, almost all the files. There were a couple of files I had to keep on the 'local' drive. I would like to get these files off of the drive. Thanks to the tutorials over on iFixit, I was able to remove the drive from the computer. Silly me, I was expecting a standard SATA SSD.

I have been searching for an adapter to to plug the drive into so I can remove the files. Alas, there are several variants of MacBook drives out there and I have not been able to confidently locate anything.

I would really appreciate help on identifying an adapter that will let me access the drive.

Thanks!
Jeff
i-kz9nsSL-L.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Did you look at fixit for the answer? I'm sure it's been asked by a lot of users.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Check with OWC (Macsales.com) for solutions. I think they have an external adapter.

Reaction score
I would really appreciate help on identifying an adapter that will let me access the drive.

SSD specs spreadsheet ****

Apple Proprietary SSDs: Ultimate Guide to Specs & Upgrades ***
Interesting article with purchase links for several options.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.