MacBook 12 display shaking and flickering some certain way

Reaction score
Video : https://youtu.be/ZLOmcClFHfo

Do anyone know what happen to this MacBook 12
The display shaking and flickering in certain way
For example
Click the top left apple logo 、Launchpad 、external monitor are not shaking and flickering .
Not the system problem .
I try to use external system .But the same problem .

I guess it's not the display problem ?
It's more like motherboard ?

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
So what is your question?
For starters there is no such thing as a MacBook 12 unless you are referring to the MacBook 12"
You may think I am being pedantic but if you cannot accurately describe your problem there is no way to provide an answer.
What macOS are you running?
What model of MacBook?
What do you mean when you say "External" ?

Last edited:
OP
M
Reaction score
So what is your question?
For starters there is no such thing as a MacBook 12 unless you are referring to the MacBook 12"
You may think I am being pedantic but if you cannot accurately describe your problem there is no way to provide an answer.
What macOS are you running?
High Sierra
What model of MacBook?
MacBook 12 2015 A1534
What do you mean when you say "External" ?
Use external monitor then the display is normal without shaking

Last edited by a moderator:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If no flickering or shaking appear on the external monitor, I would then suspect that there is a loose connection - probably a video cable - in your MacBook. That is not a motherboard problem but is actually something that happens on portable Macs because of the opening and closing of the lid. You need to open up your MacBook and check all the video cable connections to make sure they are tight and fitted properly.

Go to this US site to learn how to open your MacBook: www.ifixit.com

OP
M
Reaction score
Hello chscag , It's really appreciate your reply . I will ckeck the video connection . But what if it's not cable connection problem . What can i do ?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hello chscag , It's really appreciate your reply . I will ckeck the video connection . But what if it's not cable connection problem . What can i do ?

If it's not a video cable connection or loose connection, the only other suspect would be the display itself. You might have to take your MacBook to an authorized Apple dealer in your country and have them repair it. A new display might be expensive. Usually, when the display itself is defective, it does not shake but rather it might go dark or have dark spots. Let's hope it's just a loose connection as that is easy to repair.

OP
M
Reaction score
Hello , Ok .. Still appreciate with your kindly explain. I will follow your suggestion and try it by myself . I have the same point view , It might not be the display problem .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.