Mac vs Windows PC....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Go with Mac, it has awesome photo editing software, plus more like iLife which comes with iMovie, iPhoto (awesome way to manage photos, perfect for you), iDVD, iTunes, and Garageband. Plus you can get iWork which is like Microsoft Office, or you can get Office Mac. I would definitely go with Mac, plus you'll learn you way around pretty fast.

If you have any difficulties ask us here on the Mac Forums and we'll be glad to help you out!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I saw you said things about working with CS3, it's not 100% working with Mac, because adobe haven't made it 100% compatible with OS X, dont ask me why, but soon CS4 is out :) then it should be fixed, so I say, go for Mac :)

Source please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
If you're going to be doing photo editing, I cannot recommend enough that you get Aperture (or Lightroom, if you MUST stick with Windows) over the CS3 suite. It's just a million times better for photos. It's not even a contest; they can do better, more impressive things with non-RAW images than Photoshop can do with RAW images. And if you DO use RAW with Aperture (or Lightroom), it's an even bigger difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Yes, I am curious too...

Maybe he's referring to Photoshop CS4 having a 64-bit Windows version but no 64-bit Mac version... and got confused, thinking the disparity was in CS3 instead of CS4? That's my best guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
If you're going to be doing photo editing, I cannot recommend enough that you get Aperture (or Lightroom, if you MUST stick with Windows) over the CS3 suite. It's just a million times better for photos. It's not even a contest; they can do better, more impressive things with non-RAW images than Photoshop can do with RAW images. And if you DO use RAW with Aperture (or Lightroom), it's an even bigger difference.
Interesting, because while I do find both programs to be excellent for work flow, they both pale in comparison to photoshop for pure photo manipulation. Even though I shoot in nothing but RAW

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
Interesting, because while I do find both programs to be excellent for work flow, they both pale in comparison to photoshop for pure photo manipulation. Even though I shoot in nothing but RAW

Photoshop can do a lot more with effects, and obviously if you're doing any serious manipulation it's far superior, but in terms of what I can get out of a photo regarding light, color, and (on rare occasions) sharpening, it doesn't even come close.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
IMO it does, actually there is nothing that either Lightroom or Aperture can do that Photoshop can not. It's simply more difficult to use.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.