Mac Studio Reset Issues

DW1978

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just wanted to ask if anyone could stop me going insane and help fix my issue. I reset my Mac studio yesterday as I was having issues. Now my mouse won’t connect at all during startup so I’m not able to click to reinstall Monterey. My keyboard plugged in gets me so far but I can’t click to select which disk to install it on without mouse. I’ve plugged mouse in, switched on and off etc and I know it’s at least 80% charged

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Thank you for posting and welcome to our forums.

Few questions, if I may;

What was the problem that pushed you to "reset" your Mac Studio? This could be important.

By "reset", do you mean "Restart" by clicking on the Apple icon  and choosing Restart? - or did you choose Shutdown, waited 5 minutes and rebooted the Mac?

Or did you do something else to "reset". Sorry for these questions, but we weren't sitting next to you:)

Lastly, "I can't click to select which disk to install" - can you elaborate on what you mean by that, please.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
My keyboard plugged in gets me so far but I can’t click to select which disk to install it on
The keyboard arrow keys should work for this.

Also, if you input the first letter of the drive (name) you want to install the OS onto, that should also work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.