Mac Recording Issue ???

Reaction score
Hi

I'm trying to record audio tracks from an MD disc in to GarageBand using GBs real instrument track for the recording, the connection cable is fiber optical, I'm going LINE OUT from the Mini Disc to LINE IN to the Mac, GB is armed for recording but when hitting record nothing is registering, is any of this actually possible?? or have i gone mad? :Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.5Ghz C2D 4GB 500GB Seagate 7200RPM / 15" Powerbook G4 1.5Ghz 2GB 160GB Seagate 5400rpm
Not overly familiar with GB, but it sounds like your signal is not routed properly. There should be some sign of input level on whatever mixer GB uses before you can expect to record signal. Even if you are hearing it through the Mac's speakers or headphones/whatever, you still need to make sure that the input is routed to your recording channel.

Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.5Ghz C2D 4GB 500GB Seagate 7200RPM / 15" Powerbook G4 1.5Ghz 2GB 160GB Seagate 5400rpm
Glad to help! Happy tracking!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.