Mac Problems

Reaction score
Hello. I have two issues with my Mac Notepad and was wondering if anyone could offer any assistance.

I have had my laptop for around 18 months, but recently have encountered the following problems:

(1) The Internet connection is intermittent. One moment the airport status reads a full bar, and then a second later it will have zero bars. The next second it will be back, and so on. If I leave it a while, it seems to fix itself and stay connected, but later in the day, the flashing on/off connection may return inexplicably. My housemates don't seem to suffer this problem, so I assume it's exclusive to my laptop.

(2) My power cord has started sparking when I insert the plug into the mains. I have endured an electric shock when removing the cord one time, but that was because I touched the metal part accidentally. I'm worried about receiving a shock whenever I insert the plug, and that it could prove a fire hazard if left on.

Any help would be much appreciated and I apologise, as a new user, if I have posted these queries in the incorrect location.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Snoopy you are an electrician in training and they do that job to get a kick out of life! Do not use the power cord and let common sense prevail and if power supply is intermittent the cord could well be the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.