Mac Pro upgrade

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
More to the point, Nick. Do you like pancakes?

That would really be the last straw if you didn't but thought she did:):)

Ian

Yes I like pancakes.:)

But I totally agree. Sometimes/many times...we do things for our wives that we personally don't enjoy:

- Grocery shopping.
- Clothing shopping.
- Nail salon.
- Hair salon.
- Garage sales/yard sales.
- Arts & Crafts shows.
- etc. etc.

Yes it would definitely have stunk if I was making pancakes for all those years...and neither she or I liked them!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Well, I've been married 52 years, and I still have to say, "Wow, I never saw that one coming!"

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 MacBook Pro, 15", i9, 32GB RAM, Monterey
Get a used orignal Mac Pro. More performance than your mini...less cost than the 2013 Mac Pro...and wife still happy for not using her computer.:)
Which brings me back to my question from a couple of days ago. Is it true that the black tower Mac Pro can be user upgraded with both RAM and internal ssd without the use of a blow torch, sledge hammer or hacksaw?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Which brings me back to my question from a couple of days ago. Is it true that the black tower Mac Pro can be user upgraded with both RAM and internal ssd without the use of a blow torch, sledge hammer or hacksaw?

Other than pure curiosity...does it still matter?:) I think you already mentioned that you didn't want to pay the asking price for the 5 year old (2013) newer Mac Pro.

Here's the info you seek:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Mac+Pro+Late+2013+RAM+Replacement/21204
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Mac+Pro+Late+2013+SSD+Replacement/21205

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I've been married 52 years, and I still have to say, "Wow, I never saw that one coming!"

I think our wives do some heavy duty research into how to keep us on our toes. Probably super-secret (don't show your husband)...articles in those mostly ladies magazines they read on how to trip us up!;)

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Other than pure curiosity...does it still matter?:) I think you already mentioned that you didn't want to pay the asking price for the 5 year old (2013) newer Mac Pro.
Probably not, but I guess I am compulsive enough to want to know the answer just in case some time in the future I am on some kind of high stakes quiz show and the big question is whether or not a Mac Pro Tower could be user upgraded with RAM and ssd.

After all, you never know ... :D

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Probably not, but I guess I am compulsive enough to want to know the answer just in case some time in the future I am on some kind of high stakes quiz show and the big question is whether or not a Mac Pro Tower could be user upgraded with RAM and ssd.

Hopefully you saw from the two links that replacing the RAM and SSD are considered "easy" with the 2013 Mac Pro.:)

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hopefully you saw from the two links that replacing the RAM and SSD are considered "easy" with the 2013 Mac Pro.:)
Yes. And even thought I am all thumbs with power tools I do know how to replace both RAM and an ssd provided they are not soldered into the hardware.

Thanks for the links.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.