Mac Pro Samsung

Reaction score
I am going to be purchasing a mac pro soon and i want i nice monitor instead of buying a dedicated monitor i will be buying a 37" Samsung tv with VGA Input, so i get a TV and PC in 1, im wondering will the mac pro display to this size as apple only sell 30" monitors ?

any help thanks in advance

DrumDrum ;D ;D ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I doubt that will look decent. First TVs are not monitors. Remember that the pixels are spread out over a greater area, so everything will be huge compared to a proper monitor.

If you insist, then buy a set with HDMI or a DVI port. VGA is definitely NOT the connector to use. Also, only consider buying a 1080p TV. Nothing less!

It is not the size of the monitor that determines if an OS can run it. It is a matter of some standards and to what resolution the OS and the video card can handle.

The Apple 30" monitor has a much higher resolution than any TV you could buy on the common market right now. A 1080p TV can display up to 1920x1080 pixels. The 30" Apple display has a resolution of 2530x1600. Of course I wonder how good a TV display it would be, since you would have to up scale a source to use the full display.

As you can see, a Mac Pro will easily handle your TV. You might need an adapter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
I think you want to do a bit more research on monitors if you think that's the best path to go. Your monitor will be the tightest bottleneck of the performance you would be buying the Mac Pro for.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.