Mac OS 7 file on OS X

Ads

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5. 1GB Ram, Super Drive.
I have aquired Doom 1 for mac but unfortuantly is a System 7 file.

Is there any way I can run this on my iMac G5? I have been exploring emulators but I have no idea how to use them. I have also tried something called Dos Box.

Can anyone help? I'd be most grateful. :)

Reaction score
There may be some folks here that know a lot about emulators , I think its eaiser to find an older Power Mac to run classic games on.

M

MacHeadCase

DosBox? Isn't that for Windoze apps? We are talking about a Mac version of the game, yes?

In any case, the G5 does run OS 9 in Classic mode. If you can find off of eBay a full retail version of OS 9, you could install it and run older software on your iMac G5.

If you have an Intel iMac this will not work, not even under Rosetta emulation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I have aquired Doom 1 for mac but unfortuantly is a System 7 file.

Is there any way I can run this on my iMac G5? I have been exploring emulators but I have no idea how to use them. I have also tried something called Dos Box.

Can anyone help? I'd be most grateful. :)

Unless the program will specifically not run under OS9, you can simply install OS9 and run the App under the Classic emulation mode in OSX. I don't think your Mac will boot directly to OS9 anymore, so Classic is the best way to go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.