Mac Mini with Samsung TV

Reaction score
Hi and thank you in advanced. Well, I use a Mac Mini 2018 connected to a 4K smart Samsung TV, and for a while now I being experience a little annoying issue when start the Mini seems that the Samsung do not recognize the connection and show a message of "no signal" in the selected hdmi port, this normally solved by turn off and turn it on again the Mini for a second time. I tried different hdmi cables and the 3 different hdmi´s ports on the Samsung but still happen, I also try to change the sequence start fist the Samsung and after the Mini and the other way around but still happen, any idea?

Thank you again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Did you try just switching the selected TV video "input" with the TV remote?

OP
F
Reaction score
Did you try just switching the selected TV video "input" with the TV remote?
thanks Ferrar, I normally start the TV with the remote control and choose the appropriate hdmi where the Mini is connected.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Ok, but instead of restarting the Mac mini, maybe just switch the input instead.

OP
F
Reaction score
Ok, but instead of restarting the Mac mini, maybe just switch the input instead.
Well, sometimes I'm just tried to change the hdmi cable to different hdmi switch with the Mini on, but it doesn't make any difference, it seems that the Samsung do not receive no signal from the Mini.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you tried running through the setup menu again on the Samsung?

Also, which version of macOS are you running on the 2018 Mini?

You said that it seems the Samsung does not recognize the connection. It appears that it's the other way around since you can reboot the Mini and then it works.

OP
F
Reaction score
Have you tried running through the setup menu again on the Samsung?

Also, which version of macOS are you running on the 2018 Mini?

You said that it seems the Samsung does not recognize the connection. It appears that it's the other way around since you can reboot the Mini and then it works.
Thanks chscag I´m on Catalina 10.15.6, I have rebooted the Samsung to factory settings without much success to fix the issue. I think I will try a conection with the thunderbolt 3 ports to see if that makes any difference.

Thank you very much

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Okay, let us know how that works out. I also remember that the 2018 Mini has an Apple T2 chip. Make sure that you have set up the T2 security so that the Samsung can be connected. I'm not sure if that makes a difference but other folks who have the 2018 Mini have run into problems with T2 security settings.

OP
F
Reaction score
Okay, let us know how that works out. I also remember that the 2018 Mini has an Apple T2 chip. Make sure that you have set up the T2 security so that the Samsung can be connected. I'm not sure if that makes a difference but other folks who have the 2018 Mini have run into problems with T2 security settings.
Thx I will have a look into the T2 setup. (y)

OP
F
Reaction score
Hi, just reporting that using a new cable thunderbolt 3 to Hdmi it work it out (y). After testing for a couple of days it work perfectly, no matter how you turned on, first the Mini and after the Samsung or the other way around.
Thank you very much and hope this may help for future users.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.