Mac Mini problems

Reaction score
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I've had my Mini for a few years and never had any problems with it. It's not backing up anymore. I received a notice saying something to the effect of OS X cannot repair external drive. I don't know what to do ... any help would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
You need to supply more info like which mini model, OS X version and what your backup drive is and what you're using yo do the backup.

And have you run Disk Utility and run the Verify or Repair options on the selected backup drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sounds like you are in the market for a new hard drive to pop in the external caddy. All hard drives will eventually fail ~ much like car tyres wearing and wearing until there is no tread left. OS X Disk utility telling it cannot be repaired, usually in red, is bad news. Some third party utillities such as DiskWarrior may help, but at $99 consider money better spent on another drive.

Recommend Western Digital drives. What size, 2.5"/3.5" is the hard, and what capacity?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.