Mac Mini 5,2 broken RAM mounts

Reaction score
Hi all, New here so forgive newb issues in posting - I have a mac mini 5,2, (2012) second hand and opened the back to find the RAM mounts have been bent/disfigured. Are the RAM mounts a replaceable part? If so can anyone point me to a new part? Basically previous owner broke the mounts when upgrading RAM on the machine and the 'wings' are now out of action.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Technically almost anything is replaceable…if someone has the proper tools, proper skills, and proper equipment. But…unless the ram mounts are held in with screws (most likely soldered) I don't think they are replaceable by an end-user. And even if they could be desoldered & replaced...I'm not sure where you would get the parts (not something that is commonly available).

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Do a Google as a guy replaced his by purhasing a non-working MacBook Pro logic board and prising the clips from that. Depends on what model Mac Mini and identical model MBP..

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks folks, if there is any place you can point me to to buy new RAM mountings I'd be glad to know, will google the *** off this question to see what I can find :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.