mac mail

Reaction score
This is probably an odd question but until recently when I sent an email there was a swoosh sound but now there is no audio feedback and I need to look in the sent folder to confirm that it went. I have searched through mail preferences and can find nothing. Suggestions?

Thank you

poppi

AndyX

Admin
Reaction score
Make sure this is checked.

Mail -> Preferences -> General -> Play sounds for other mail actions

OP
P
Reaction score
Make sure this is checked.

Mail -> Preferences -> General -> Play sounds for other mail actions
Yes I have done that and still no sound. I do get sound for incoming mail but not outgoing

poppi

AndyX

Admin
Reaction score
Have you tried restarting your computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
but until recently when I sent an email there was a swoosh sound but now there is no audio feedback

What Mac OS version are you running as if that would make a difference...???

And maybe try booting up and running in Safe Boot Mode.

EDIT:

Is there a possibility your sound is on mute??? (Yes I have done that myself!!!)

Have you tested that your System Preference pane Sound Is actually working???

- Patrick
=======

Last edited:

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Have you tried restarting your computer?
Hi AndyX, welcome to these forums, I'm a bit puzzled though because your tag states that you are an Admin/Moderator and I don't know you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi AndyX, welcome to these forums, I'm a bit puzzled though because your tag states that you are an Admin/Moderator and I don't know you.

AND...
Joined Jul 16, 2020

PS: Rod, I think the real Admins are working on the problem...

Meanwhile a possible solution for the OP :
Mail Send Whoosh Sound
System Preferences, uncheck the Do Not Disturb boxes....
... ... ...
Jan 29, 2016 3:12 PM in response to djtnyc

I tried a bunch of the suggestions but what worked (and I found odd) was that even though I had turned off "do not disturb" in system preferences> notifications> do not disturb, when I went to the actual notification center in the upper right corner of my screen, "do not disturb" was still active. I turned it off there, and now I have sounds again. If you don't see it right away, scroll upwards because it sometimes hides above what you see, not sure why they make it do that. I find it odd that turning it off in one place doesn't affect the other. Here's a screenshot of where to look....
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7007075

- Patrick
=======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

Andy is someone special who is helping us. :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

AndyX

Admin
Reaction score
Try this:

I got my whoosh back. I lost my mail whoosh after updating to 10.7.2
I resolved it by going into mail preferences, general tab & changing the sounds to "none" and unchecking "play sounds for other mail actions".
Then I quit mail from the top menu bar. I restarted mail, went back into preferences did the opposite: changed sounds to "new messages sound" and checked "play sounds for other mail actions", I then quit mail again from the top menu and then reopened it. Magically, my whoosh was back.
I don't know why it went away after updating. And I don't know why this fixed it, but it did.

Source: https://apple.stackexchange.com/que...sound-when-disappearing-intermittently-especi

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.