Mac Mail question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" (3GB DDR2)
The "From" column in my Inbox folder list names with a "First name, Last name" format, but when I switch to my "Sent" folder this is reversed in the "To" column. Does anyone know how to make the "To" column display the same format?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
I don't know entirly what you mean but I'll swing a guess...

If you want to change the Headers of the Columns simply Right Click on the Header or alternatively go to View >>> Columns and Tick which one's you wish to Show and Hide

Then Simply Drag and Drop them into place once they have appeared in the Header.

Make Sense? No...Well you didn't either ;)

Nar Seriously I hope that Helps!

OP
Poob Bubes
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What I mean is that say for instance if I get an email from John Doe, then my inbox shows "John Doe" as the sender. But if I send an email to John Doe, then my sent folder shows "Doe John" as the recipient. I want it to list the first name in front like the inbox does.

Reaction score
weird, just checked it in my Mail and in inbox and sent I have the format "<first name> <last name>" for known addresses, otherwise the email address

so for bot boxes the same...

OP
Poob Bubes
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I think I figured it out. When I was sending emails I just used autocomplete from my address book entries. I had my address book organized with last name, first name. So i just changed the preference in my address book and therefore it changed the display order in mail also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.