Mac Mail Arrangements

Reaction score
I run my email through IMAP like the image below, and when I have my list of folders open, I keep having to scroll down to see the 'Sent' items.

Is there any way to move the 'Sent' above the 'Inbox'?

picture1dw4.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Nope.
But a solution may be to use smart folders - one for each of your inbox's sub folder. Smart folders appear under the trash.

Reaction score
I run my email through IMAP like the image below, and when I have my list of folders open, I keep having to scroll down to see the 'Sent' items.

Is there any way to move the 'Sent' above the 'Inbox'?

picture1dw4.jpg

I would suggest using the Keyboard Shortcut Command + 4 to quickly open the Sent folder for the highlighted account.

There are stacks more shortcuts if you open Mail.app Help and type Keyboard Shortcuts.

This is another option for you Liam:

Using the keyboard to use Mail

You can use your keyboard to perform many of the same actions you perform using the mouse. With full keyboard access, you use the Tab key, arrow keys, and Space bar to move to and select or activate items on the screen.

To choose what can be accessed with the keyboard:
Choose Apple menu > System Preferences and click Keyboard & Mouse.
Click Keyboard Shortcuts.
Select the "Text boxes and lists only" button or the "All controls" button.
The full keyboard access settings affect how you navigate Mail. For example, if you select "Text boxes and lists only," repeatedly pressing the Tab key in a new message window moves the pointer through the address and subject fields in the header, then to the text field of the message, skipping over the Customize Header menu and other controls that you've added to the message header. If you select "All controls," tabbing through a new message window will include selecting each menu and control in the header so that you can operate them using the keyboard.

For more information about full keyboard access, choose Help > Mac Help in the finder and search for "full keyboard access."

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

The Smart Folders thing doesn't suit me, but the shortcut commands are great.

Thanks for your help guys.

Liam

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.