.Mac Mail Account Worth $99?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
Never pay retail if you can avoid it!! Here's .Mac for 79.99

You can buy me a beer at "The MF Bar and Grill" with the 20 bucks you just saved!!

Reaction score
That's great.

But I am still waiting for someone to tell me how they renew for less than retail?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
Why couldn't you just buy the amazon one and use the registration card. I'd call apple first and explain to them the situation. I'd start off by explaining, "Gee, i really like your service and I'm considering buying .mac from amazon to renew. Will that be ok?" It seems like they would be cool with you spending 20 bucks less as opposed to you telling them to stick their service! That's what I'd do. What ever makes you more comfortable, a 20 minute conversation on the phone is worth 20 bucks to me. Worst they can say is no, are you stupid? But methinks they may play ball. Try it and let us know because I'll be in the same boat in 2 months or so.

Reaction score
Why couldn't you just buy the amazon one and use the registration card. I'd call apple first and explain to them the situation. I'd start off by explaining, "Gee, i really like your service and I'm considering buying .mac from amazon to renew. Will that be ok?" It seems like they would be cool with you spending 20 bucks less as opposed to you telling them to stick their service! That's what I'd do. What ever makes you more comfortable, a 20 minute conversation on the phone is worth 20 bucks to me. Worst they can say is no, are you stupid? But methinks they may play ball. Try it and let us know because I'll be in the same boat in 2 months or so.
I have renewed three times now. Although I am set up with the auto-renew option, the only other option is to be sure and pay online before the account expires. And with that, I see no way to get around it. Obviously neither does anyone else? I just renewed in June, so we will have to wait until you attempt that. I'd be interested in the results, if only for curiosity.

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
steven11 is right. I just bought a boxed .Mac kit for $70. Right on the box it says you can use the enclosed code to sign up for a new .Mac account or renew your existing account.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1 GB memory 250 GB HDD ATI Radeon HD2400 XT 128 MB GFX card
Never pay retail if you can avoid it!! Here's .Mac for 79.99

You can buy me a beer at "The MF Bar and Grill" with the 20 bucks you just saved!!

Hey, for that much, I'll buy you a couple of beers!! Very cool, and I didn't even think to look for it elsewhere.

I wonder though is that 78.99 deal a temporary Amazon.com sale? Looking for a webhosting solution very shortly, and dotmac DEFINITELY looks to be the winner. If I purchase the .mac from Amazon today, and start the 60-day free trial that came with my new iMac today, will I be able to start the 1-year subscription in two months' time at the expiration of the 60-day trial? Or should I wait to purchase it?

Oh this is going to make podcasting SO much easier!!

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Go ahead and buy the .mac kit from Amazon now, and wait until your 60-day trial is about to expire before you use your kit code to renew. You have 9 months from the date of purchase to use the code included in the kit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1 GB memory 250 GB HDD ATI Radeon HD2400 XT 128 MB GFX card
Neo, thank you for quick response.. very much appreciated!

Also, one more quicky.. I know there is 10GB storage.. is there a limit on bandwidth with .mac? I didn't see any specifications regarding that little detail anywhere.. maybe I'm blind. o_O

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes on the bandwidth usage limit. Here's the article:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303786

The article also refers to purchasing more iDisk space, which gives you more bandwidth too.

The 60-day trial limits your iDisk to only 100 MB, and I think the data transfer limit is proportionately lower too. So, if you are ready now to backup your computer, post a website, and post photo galleries, you'll want to upgrade now. Me? I'm thirty-some days into my trial, and have 70 MB on my iDisk (mostly a website and small picture galleries).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
I also vote for .Mac, been a user for years. Simply put, ask yourself are you going to use all the features? $99 is a lot if your only going to use email. Take advantage of everything their is to offer, and is worth it.
I find it extremely useful for backup program, and Leopard appears to take more advantage of .Mac..

Reaction score
i was wondering how u guys r using groups on dotmac. i mean is it useful at all? nobody mention it but i think is has to be great n could work as a place to exchange files with the others.

for example if there was a public group called movies, books or etc n you could download anything u want..??

is there an option to search for groups to look for groups of interest??

cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iTouch, iPad, iPhone 3GS..waiting for iPhone5 or 6?
what's a .Mac ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iTouch, iPad, iPhone 3GS..waiting for iPhone5 or 6?
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
120 GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 2.16 GHz Core2Duo, white MB
I was having issues with my comcast ftp and getting fed up with it, and I came across the .mac trial and decided to give it a try.
I love how easy it is to publish from iweb. I also want to try to get my comcast email and gmail to fwd to the .mac email (if that's possible) so I only have to check one at a time. I don't know how much else I'll actually use, so I'm still not sure if it will be worth it for me. Of course if my mom gets a MB for Christmas like she is begging for, then her, my brother and I would all have macs and might make the family account worth it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.