Mac is going unresponsive...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 13,2, i7, 3Tb, 24G RAM
After, about three years of bliss with my Mac, it finally has me thinking less than nice thoughts. I am hoping the gargantu-brains on the site can help me out. It's doing a couple of things:

1. Whenever I plug my iPhone in to sych, iTunes becomes unresponsive. I get the little spinning pinwheel of death, and the activity monitor shows itunes as not-responding.

2. It has been having trouble waking up from screen saver. I am using the OSX screen saver, no outside software. Last night, when I went to wake up the computer (pressed the space bar) the screen blanked, and there was the little rainbow piwheel. :Grimmace:

3. More of an annoyance, but it might be relevant. About a year ago, when I plugged in my iPod touch, it started opening a little window saying "no camera detected". did not do anything except be a cause for annoyance. it has done it with my iPhone as well. Would love to know how to make it stop doing this.

I am running OSX Leopard, but not SL, yet.

Thanks for the help!

Jeff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 13,2, i7, 3Tb, 24G RAM
Thanks. I will give that a try!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.