Mac Gaming Specs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
After seeing what you're going to use it for.... Get the 24" iMac. You won't be disappointed.

If you do plan to do gaming, I recommend to wait for the iMacs to get an upgrade, or to get a MacBook Pro or Mac Pro.

I say this because currently, the only video cards capable of suporting Direct X10 are the Nvidia 8 series chips. The only macs that currently come with or are capable of running an 8 series chip are the MacPro or MacBook pro. The 24" imac only has an NVidia 7600 GT.

However, if the MacPro or high end MacBook pro is in your budget, I recommend that you get it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" ibook g4, 1.42ghz. 512mb ram, 60gb hdd
If you don't care about the warrenty buy the low end imac and replace the cpu yourself with a much faster one (The imacs have fully upgradable cpu's) and upgrade the ram and hard drive yourself for cheaper! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQslXT1Se3w

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks I was planning on getting the MacBook Pro anyways, for portability and because I'm sick of this Windows monstrosity roaring away on my desktop. Its now started making worrying buzzing sounds and bleeps. I don't plan to torture my mac quite as much lol.

Mac Pro looks good but I think I'll go for the laptop, for portability and because it looks plain cool. Can't wait now. I've always loved mac when I've used them (even school's shocking eMacs which came out of the ark) so I'm really looking forward to getting one. Thank you all so much for your help

Reaction score
For Gaming, PC's are much better..

Hey so I've decided to bring this post back from the dead :)

How I saw this post was via a comparison on google. I hadn't really seen any remarks on price for what you get so I'll share some quick specks:

I have an ASUS G73JH-A1 17.3" Laptop, Intel Quad Core i7-720QM (3.0 GHz), 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, ATI Radeon 5870 1GB DDR5 Graphics, Blu-ray Combo, 802.11n, Webcam, Bluetooth, running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit for $1300 flat. It also has a very cool design based off the B-2 Stealth Bomber.

TBH, a pc is much, much better for gaming especially for the price. They are infinitely customizable and have many varying designs. I also own a 24" iMac that I use for graphic design and in my small recording studio. Unfortunately, this mac has crashed far more than my PC has and persists in it's buggy-ness. I get the color wheel of death constantly when trying to run pro-tools (which is VERY aggravating) and many other programs. Maybe I just got a bad one.. Either way, I love my monster of a PC and would prefer it over my iMac any day.

PS: This post is intended for people who randomly come across this post, not for the people who posted in it much earlier or the OP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook® Pro / Intel® Core™ i5 Processor / 13.3" Display / 4GB Memory / 320GB Hard Drive
so i'll give my humble opinion on this matter. if your main concern is wow i think it will run just fine on anything mac offers today. But I have to say as a hard core gamer I run mac for everything and a pc for games only. one thing this has aloud me to do on the pc side of things is to build my gaming rig for much more effective gaming. prime example being that now that all my pc dose is play games im not to concerned about anti virus stuff. also solid state hard drive becomes much more feasible cuz I don't need a TB of storage just enough space for windows and for a few games. Just some food for thought.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.