• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac-Forums' Bar & Grill II

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Browsing through my Netflix account today, checking out the Movies You'll Love area.

One section is Music and Musicals.

They had listed under 'Because You Enjoyed'
Above the Law (Seagal movie),
Under Siege 2 (another Seagal movie), and
Highlander 2: Renegade Version

Then for recommended the music was:
BeeGees: One Night Stand

Could someone explain how you get from A to B here?
Thank you for giving me the best laugh I've had all day. To be fair though, it's One Night Only. Freudian slip perhaps? ;)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Browsing through my Netflix account today, checking out the Movies You'll Love area.

One section is Music and Musicals.

They had listed under 'Because You Enjoyed'
Above the Law (Seagal movie),
Under Siege 2 (another Seagal movie), and
Highlander 2: Renegade Version

Then for recommended the music was:
BeeGees: One Night Stand

Could someone explain how you get from A to B here?

C'mon Tom - we all know you're a closet BeeGees fan. It was only a matter of time before Netflix found out too. :D

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
a lot of seagal fans (seems like an oxymoron to me :p) must dig on the bee gees.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
If all goes well today, I'll be $500 richer.

Which means I'm totally getting a Telecaster and 4GB RAM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got it. :D

n1249470074_464423_864562.jpg

All the display models were beaten up (In the "I can't play smoke on the water so I'm just going to drop it" way, not in the "Road worn" way.)

It's very twangy at the bridge, and very raunchy at the neck pickup. I absolutely love it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Nice buy Derek.

Shall I assume the dry spell is over?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Nice Tele.. Looks like an Affinity series.I have the same one, 'cept mine's black and I modded it to Esquire specs.

You have it in my absolute favorite color combo too.. Butterscotch + black 'guard.. mmmmm

My mom's fiance gave me a vintage Boss CS-2 Compression Sustainer (dates to Nov. 1982) as a belated bday gift last week.

Checked out some prices on eBay for them, and some are going for over $200 CDN.. Hehehe.. It just sounds too good (for a Boss, I know) to see it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nice Tele.. Looks like an Affinity series.I have the same one, 'cept mine's black and I modded it to Esquire specs.

You have it in my absolute favorite color combo too.. Butterscotch + black 'guard.. mmmmm

I ordered Fender headstock decals yesterday. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
I'm saving up to build a Gibson Es335 clone, with a caramel finish I think.

T

todd51

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say hi in case any of you remember me. I am going to be returning to the forums after about a year of not posting. It has been a long year for me (graduated college and spent three months finding a job) and now I have time to get back on here and post every once in a while.

Also this is my first post using my new iPod touch! Got to love having a decent job now and some spending money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Drummer called me today to let me know I'm not in the band anymore.

hrumph.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What is there problem?

Just stylistic differences. A lot of it having to do with how practices are run as well. I don't work well with musicians that are hyperfocused, because I like to just jam on stuff until it sticks.

The problem there was that when we'd practice, it would be very much "Play this part until you get it right and then we can move on" type of stuff. I don't usually do that, because you figure out what sounds right by trying different stuff.

At least, that's how I do it.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Sounds like you and I are the same in that area. I drove some of the people in my groups nuts in the same way.

One group that actually did make it in a way were copy cats. No improvise, just copy every note of a hit song. I was always against that and wanted to do our own songs/music. I was long gone but they finally listened to me and did do pretty well.

You going to try and put a new group together or make your own songs? You play enough instruments to do the later! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sounds like you and I are the same in that area. I drove some of the people in my groups nuts in the same way.

One group that actually did make it in a way were copy cats. No improvise, just copy every note of a hit song. I was always against that and wanted to do our own songs/music. I was long gone but they finally listened to me and did do pretty well.

You going to try and put a new group together or make your own songs? You play enough instruments to do the later! :D

I already assembled a new group. I had a feeling this was gonna happen, so I was getting ready for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Hey friends!

It's Friday night and I'm at home? How weird is that? :) I have to wake up early tomorrow to go take the CBEST. I hope I pass all sections in one sitting.

There are so many new faces around here. I've been MIA for quite awhile.

I still see some but I miss my old buddies :( mathogre, RIDE, Tanner, Fallooza, Stretch? I know there's more...can't remember everyone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
I'm a buddy?

Edit: Ohh I think I get it now. I am married now which takes me off the market.... ;)

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It's Friday night and I'm at home? How weird is that? :) I have to wake up early tomorrow to go take the CBEST. I hope I pass all sections in one sitting.
Best of luck to you! I'm sure you'll do fine.

I hope when I start my BEd that I remember everything I had been taught. If not, it's time to crack open the old elementary texts again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I'm a buddy?

Edit: Ohh I think I get it now. I am married now which takes me off the market.... ;)

:) Oh yeah, that's right you're married now, skye.

Can't paint me my white picket fence anymore ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.