Lost printer wifi and drivers

Reaction score
I mac-21.5, late 2013, El Capitan, Epson P600 printer, Canon 420 lazier printer.
I'm using light room, and it did not show a paper size of 13X19 paper as other Macs at our club does. I went to reload the drivers etc and when I did, I lost both printers in the SYS Pref. Box, printers/scanners section. I have tried to load both plus a new printer but when I click on the + sign, it shows the Epson 600, and runs a file stating "configuring the P600". Now for the good part! If I go to print something, The printer box comes up stating "no printer selected" I go in and select the P600, and another box pops up stating "configuring the P 600 printer"- when it is done, The "print button" is still greyed out- I cannot load a printer. Should I reinstall El Capitan using the non delete way- I don't want to lose everything...I have tried every which way and have now lost my WiFi connection. I never get the screen that tells me to use a USB line to set up the printer as it did originally. I have tried using a USB cable- still doesn't work- I know this is long but wanted to give the facts!!
Thanks!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OP
S
Reaction score
Try this:

Reset the printing system on your Mac (Apple support article)

Do not reinstall El Capitan as that can lead to other problems which may make things worse.

I did as you suggested(it works easy when one knows what to do!!!). I reset my printers- and "Finally" got the software to work as it did when I first installed the printer- Each time I tried it never showed half the install screens.
I sure do appreciate your quick suggestion and if you were close by- I'd spring for lunch!!!
Thanks again
steinr98 - down in AZ

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.