Lost Album Artwork after Crash

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 Tower, Powerbook 12" G4
I have been storing my iTunes music, over 100GB, on an external firewire 800 drive. After a while my drive had issues and I just had to reconfigure my entire drive, meaning copy the music and reformat the external. In the process of moving the music around I seemed to have lost my album artwork. Where is that kept and how do I recover, if possible?
Thanks!:Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
If it was artwork that iTunes found and added on it's own, then it should be kept as a separate graphic file with the music. I'm not sure how to make it all come back other than to tell iTunes to go back out and find artwork for it all again.

To keep this from happening again, use an app like MPFreaker to find artwork. It embeds the artwork in the file itself, iTunes does not.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 Tower, Powerbook 12" G4
Thanks for the info on Freaker. Most of it I had to dig up from the 'net, not iTunes.
So is it lost?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Look in the file where the music is on the hard drive. It may be in there, otherwise it may be lost.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.