Loss of Bluetooth keyboard and mouse

Reaction score
My iMAC system (Mojave 10.14.5) has suddenly started dropping out my keyboard an mouse. I then have to wait while it thinks about it then reconnects. I have tried deleting the devices and reinstalling but it still happens. Both are well charged. Has been OK since new about 12 months ago.
Anybody found a way to prevent this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
It happens, when there are other wireless devices close by. Cell phone, cordless home phone or also close neighbors, may also affect wireless devices.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
To follow up on Bob's excellent comment, what new device appeared just before the problem started? That's the most likely candidate for the culprit.

OP
E
Reaction score
I guess that is my answer, thank you. When using my iMAC I have my mobile telephone on the desk nearby which had not been any problem. In the early days the telephone was an old Blackberry and there were no problems but now you point out this cause I noticed it has been happening since I updated to a new Android device. I have moved that away and not had the problem since.
Your experienced input is so valuable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.