Looking for a PTZ Video Camera

Reaction score
There’s an A/V setup I’ve been working on for awhile. One of our last steps is to get a PTZ video camera. Unfortunately, for reasons I mentioned here and here, the one that we bought does not work with our laptop. So, we’re looking to buy a new PTZ video camera, with a few criteria, which boil down to this:

1. The camera has to be compatible with a 2020 M1 MBP laptop;

2. The camera has to be controllable from the laptop (ie. no remote control, no external joystick controller, etc.); by this, we mean the software that comes with the camera must allow us to pan, tilt, and zoom the camera, along with create camera presets, directly from the laptop;

3. Other than the software that comes with the camera, no further software is required. We currently use Photo Booth to record our audio and video, but we will soon be purchasing LogicPro to mix and master the audio (along with other Apple apps, such as iMovie and Quicktime Player, for basic editing and merging the audio and video). Aside from that, we’re not looking to spend more money on, or learn how to operate, other software;

4. The camera can be connected to the laptop via USB cable. To note, our camera is about 75’ feet away from the workstation where the laptop is situated. When we installed the existing camera, we bought the USB cable it needed, and hired an electrician to run it through the walls from the camera to the workstation. We don’t want to have to buy and pay for the installation of any more cables.

I’ve found this Logitech PTZ Pro 2, and from what I’ve read, it looks pretty good. Any idea if it fits our criteria? If not, can you recommend a PTZ video camera that does for a similar price? Can our criteria be met?

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.