Long Delay Between Songs

Reaction score
Recently I noticed whenever I play songs on my iphone it takes about 5 seconds before going to the next song. It used to be instantaneous. It's very annoying especially when I click next song and just freezes so I think it didn't register so I press it again and it jumps 2 songs ahead. Is there a setting to get it back to instant playback?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Recently I noticed whenever I play songs on my iphone it takes about 5 seconds before going to the next song. It used to be instantaneous. It's very annoying especially when I click next song and just freezes so I think it didn't register so I press it again and it jumps 2 songs ahead. Is there a setting to get it back to instant playback?

Hi Tony..... - welcome to the forum! :) Please provide information on your iPhone model and also the iOS installed? Did you recently upgrade to iOS 8.x and if so did the problem start @ that time? Are your other apps misbehaving?

For starters, I would suggest that you 'Reset' the device, i.e. hold down the Power & Home Screen buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, then release and let the phone reboot - if you've already tried this maneuver, then let us know. Dave

OP
T
Reaction score
Sorry I forgot details :) Iphone 4s, OS 7.1 I did not do anything different to it or install anything weird. Same OS, same playlist. Apps haven't changed in speed.
I haven't tried reset yet. I'll let you know. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.