Log review pls

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 21.5in. (late 2013), 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDI
I have recently been receiving an error stating my USB devices have been disabled due to one of them drawing too much power. I am only using one..it is a USB optical mouse. I unplug it and plug it back in and it works fine for several hours. Any advice? Also, can someone take a look at my log and tell me if everything is normal??

Thank you
Ward

View attachment All Messages.pages.zip

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
pc specs

oops....sorry knew I forgot something.

IMac
21.5in. (late 2013)
Processor 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB
Software OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)

M

MacInWin

Don't need the log. One of two things is going wrong: 1) the mouse is dying or 2) the USB port is dying. If you are under warranty (AppleCare) take it to the Apple store and have them check it out. If not, the cheaper path to test is to replace the mouse. You didn't say what brand optical mouse it is, but mouses do fail. If it is the USB port then the cost of repair starts to go up pretty quickly.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just bought this only about a month ago. The mouse is a no Name brand. I did switch it out with a Logitech mouse (usb) it worked but the buttons were going out so I put back the other. I cleaned the usb end up a bit and haven't received the error since my first post. I will buy a new usb 3 mouse (if avail here in Philippines).

Thank you for your assistance.

Can you still take a peek at the log and let me know if anything is out of the ordinary?

Thank You, Ward

M

MacInWin

The log is reporting that there is problem with a USB device. Originally it was plugged into a hub, then directly into the USB port. So, my post stands, it's either the mouse or the port. From the log, it's more likely the mouse.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ty for the help will buy new mouse...thread can be closed!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Ward consider purchasing an Apple Magic Mouse which should have come with the computer. The thread will stay to assist others who may have the same problem down the track.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i have the magic mouse, and like what it can do. just wish i can control the scrolling, I don't like that I accidentally scull if I move my finger wrong.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.