Log-out, log-out

Reaction score
Hi I wonder if someone could help me. For the past few months something has started to Log me out of my computer when I leave it for a while. I've checked the "energy saver' in the system preferences and it is set to never shut down. I've combed through every corner of the machine but can't figure out what is logging me out. - First problem in about 18 years so not complaining.
System 10.9.4 on an iMac.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Have you checked your System Prefs Security & Privacy -> General tab for any "Require password" settings?

Just maybe...???? ;)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Go to: System Preferences, Security & Privacy. Click on the small lock at the bottom and enter your password. After the lock opens, click on the "Advanced" tab. When that opens, remove the check in the box that says: "Log out after XX minutes". Close everything up and you should be good to go.

OP
E
Reaction score
Thank you very much chscag (catchy name) that solved my problem

Reaction score
thats one i don't ever understand why does that have to be in the advance section it should be in the general section so it is easy to find

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
thats one i don't ever understand why does that have to be in the advance section it should be in the general section so it is easy to find

Or how did it get enabled in the first place as I don't believe it is by default, and especially how for a 18 year Mac veteran. Hmmm....???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.