Linksys banning a URL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Hi,
all I want to block a URL on my Linksys WRT54G I have entered the url and restarted the router but I can still get to the url without problems . What have I overlooked.

Failing that does anyone know how to block a url in windows. As I can block on both Macs but can't find how to do it in Explorer 7

Well after further research I've found on another site that I'm not alone with the Linksys not blocking a url. The Guy at the Apple store showed me a way via terminal which he said He would mail me. Somthing to do with making the host the url I want to block ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Hmm, for Windows, I think you have to change your host file.
Navigate to: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\ ... From there, you'll have to add the website you want to block.

Then, to make sure, hit Windows Key + R to get the Run window. Then type ipconfig /flushdns

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.