Limewire download: only 2 hosts?

Reaction score
Lately, when I download from Limewire the maximum number of hosts I seem to be d/ling from is 2. Even when there are 20 or more listed users with the file. I used to have as much as 8 at a time, which makes download go faster. I can't find a setting in preferences regarding this, only the maximum simultaneous downloads, which I have set to 10.

Is there something I can set to affect this?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
The number of host is basically the number of seeders. It's the number of people that have limewire open and have that file, so only two other people have that file and are sharing. Lime Wire is crap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
download poisoned, i never could get limewire to work the way it should have on my computer.

OP
Christopher
Reaction score
download poisoned, i never could get limewire to work the way it should have on my computer.

Thanks Village Idiot and Nagger Pumper. Nagger, do you find Poisoned is better in terms of finding users and getting stuff d/l'd more quickly? I would think it should be, since there are more networks.

My only issue with Poisoned was, where does it put the partially downloaded files? I could never find them and delete them when I wanted to.

It's not in Incomplete in my user folder. Some other place...?

Thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
Thanks Village Idiot and Nagger Pumper. Nagger, do you find Poisoned is better in terms of finding users and getting stuff d/l'd more quickly? I would think it should be, since there are more networks.

My only issue with Poisoned was, where does it put the partially downloaded files? I could never find them and delete them when I wanted to.

It's not in Incomplete in my user folder. Some other place...?

Thanks again.

Yes, I usually get what i'm looking for. Plenty of users and pretty quick results. I've only partially downloaded a file once through out the whole year I have used this program. Just try it for your self.

http://www.download.com/Poisoned/3000-2179_4-10639324.html?tag=lst-0-1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
Switch to bittorent...you'll never go back to P2P (eg. Limewire)...everything is significantly better

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Switch to bittorent...you'll never go back to P2P (eg. Limewire)...everything is significantly better

*nod nod* I do have like 7 Oink invites. Getting me to share them without proof of reliability is difficult anymore. Thanks to some other tool bags out there...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.