Library corruption can I fix it?

Reaction score
Thank you for allowing me to join your group, I have a lot to learn! Right now I'm deperate, I get the attached response from disc utility. I tried to add a Bluetooth speaker and have destroyed everything! Get "Settings, Global Settings. Adobe Flash" message all over at random. Magic Mouse doesn't work right - must click many times for it to connect ... in other words everything Remote is disconnected! Question - can I repair this somehow? Reload Yosemite? I've done PRAM, uninstalled & reinstalled Flash ... Can anybody help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
First power off and do an SMC reset by unplugging from the mains for ten minutes, reconnect up and reboot and then try Repair Permissions. Just ignore all those SUID warnings.

M

MacInWin

That is one of the errors you can safely ignore. What do you mean by "destroyed everything!" It helps if we can get more specific symptoms. Where are you seeing the Flash message and what does it say? What Mac, what version of Yosemite?

By the way, welcome to the forum!

EDIT: Spelling correction

Last edited:
OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks for answering - I did that, rebooted ... nothing changed in Permissions. Same SuID Warning. Do I need to reload the original disc?

M

MacInWin

Ignore the SUID message. That's what Apple recommends in the article I linked.

OP
F
Reaction score
I looked at the link & saw nothing referring to the "Remote Manager". That seems to be what the is. The curser will not move a page or select a place to insert words - random messages and unrelated to the task as "New Folder, Get Info list incl. Change Desktop Background." appear. When I click on this page to add I get the "Edit" menu (undo, select all, etc.)

The machine is an iMac10,1 with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor. I'm running OSX Yosemite

In a nutshell, it really is basic processes of the mouse that are useless. After it refuses to connect (as in staying still and defining a place) and I click a few times in the desktop in order to 'wake up' the curser I get a prolonged visit from Spinning Wheel of Death.
.....any clearer? It's hard to communicate my frustration! I've always been able to correct my screw-ups - That darn Bluetooth Speaker was Made in China.

M

MacInWin

I looked at the link & saw nothing referring to the "Remote Manager". That seems to be what the is. The curser will not move a page or select a place to insert words - random messages and unrelated to the task as "New Folder, Get Info list incl. Change Desktop Background." appear. When I click on this page to add I get the "Edit" menu (undo, select all, etc.)

The machine is an iMac10,1 with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor. I'm running OSX Yosemite

In a nutshell, it really is basic processes of the mouse that are useless. After it refuses to connect (as in staying still and defining a place) and I click a few times in the desktop in order to 'wake up' the curser I get a prolonged visit from Spinning Wheel of Death.
.....any clearer? It's hard to communicate my frustration! I've always been able to correct my screw-ups - That darn Bluetooth Speaker was Made in China.
Your exact message is in that document. Count down nine bullets. As for the mouse not staying connected, that could be a problem with the mouse or interference with the BT signal, or dying batteries in the mouse. It could also be that the driver for the speaker is taking a lot of the BT capacity, blocking the mouse. But whatever it is, it is NOT that message.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.