Lexmark x5150 driver

T

tonedogg

Hey there,

I have been trying for a long time to get my new 1.25 15in powerbook to download the driver for my Lexmark x5150 all-in-one. When I download the driver, it says that "this driver was compressed in an unknown compression method" or something similar. The driver for this printer is not pre-loaded in Panther. Can someone please go to this link http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:133:0:0&emeaframe=&fileID=508 and download the driver and see if you get the same message or if it works for you. Lexmark support just quit e-mailing me back when I asked them "if they had any other ideas?"

Thanks for your help and I'll be looking for an e-mail.

Tony

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
i just downloaded it and it worked with no problems.

if you have aim i can send you the uncompressed installer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone, MacBook Pro (15",2.33 C2D), MacBook (2.0 C2D), 4 iPods (20GB, Mini, Nano, Shuffle)
I hate to bump a two-year old thread back up to the forefront, but I just googled this exact issue and found this post. The exact same thing is happening to me. I downloaded the driver from the Lexmark site, but OS X isn't recognizing the hqx file as being the right compression. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Do you have StuffIt Expander installed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone, MacBook Pro (15",2.33 C2D), MacBook (2.0 C2D), 4 iPods (20GB, Mini, Nano, Shuffle)
Yep. That's what is choking on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I did a little more digging (googling actually) and found this thread:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38993

So, since Stuffit didn't want to unpack the .hqx file, I found an app that would: Nutcase-Binhex (via that thread). Luckily, Stuffit unpacked the .hqx that the new app was packaged in. Whew.

Case closed (again). Amazing that there were two threads for this on the board. Yay!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.