• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Leopard still on schedule

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Well, to that extent that it can be believed, this is good news:

Reports coming in that Leopard's delayed until sometime in October. Just spoke with Apple who confirmed the reports are wrong and Leopard is still scheduled to ship in this spring as they previously announced.
I presume we can count spring as being over on June 1st. So, the wait cannot be too much longer!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Well, according to the calendar, technically the last day of spring is June 20th. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I think it would be great if iWork 07 and 10.5 came together!

Come on Steve! I'll love you forever! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
When we went on trips with our young kids and they kept asking "how much farther, when are we going to get there", we'd tell them "we'll be there when we get there."
I'm trying to say this now to myself..."It'll be here when it gets here." No sooner, no later.
But like the kids...I hate the wait. :(

Reaction score
I think it would be great if iWork 07 and 10.5 came together!

Come on Steve! I'll love you forever! ;)

iWork, iLife and Leopard will be a coordinated release. They're all overdue, and I think they've been sitting ready, just to be released with fresh Leopard features. See also this interview I did with Victor Cajiao from the Typical Mac User Podcast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
When we went on trips with our young kids and they kept asking "how much farther, when are we going to get there", we'd tell them "we'll be there when we get there."
I'm trying to say this now to myself..."It'll be here when it gets here." No sooner, no later.
But like the kids...I hate the wait. :(

I'm going through the same thing....I want Leopard!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Why, what's wrong with Tiger?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
I don't think anything major is wrong with Tiger. Hopefully in leopard we get the finder fixed, etc. Just looking forward to the features they put into Leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
I would like an exact date so I will know when to start putting money aside. But oh well. Let them work on it.

That being said, I think Vista was released way too early...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I guess I am a little impatient. I agree with Carol - it will get here when it does, but I wish the wait was over. I am planning to buy a MBP, but have decided to wait until Leopard is released, so that I can get the OS upgrade for now extra charge (plus presumably, iLife 07 bundled, since it will be a new Mac).

I know I could go buy the MBP right now, but since I don't really NEED it, I just WANT it, I am willing to wait. To have mobility is a luxury right now, not a need, so I am forcing myself to wait.

Reaction score
I am looking forward to Leopard, but I'm not a nervous wreck about it. I don't lay awake thinking about it. The prospect of redesigned computers excites me more than Leopard. I'm satisfied with Tiger for now. Maybe I would feel different if Vista had upstaged Tiger in some way. Obviously it didn't... Leopard will be here when it gets here. Patience Grasshoppers. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
If Leopard comes out around early June, t least I know what to ask people for on my birthday, and with ilife and iwork... I can ask for all three!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
Give me iWork for no reason at all. GIVE IT TO ME NOW.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
LOL at "grasshoppers".

Yeah I'm more definitely more excited about the prospect of redesigned iMacs, considering that is my next big purchase. I'm just waiting for those, and for Leopard to come standard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook, 2GB DDR, 160GB 7200rpm SATA, Super Drive
From my sources I gather that April is the month for release. April showers bring May uh... Leopards?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.