learning flash

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
OK, so I used to fiddle around with Flash quite a bit when I was in high school. It's been quite a few years since I've used it, though. I've forgotten almost everything I knew before, not to mention I was never that great with it (the latter probably due to me never being too artistically creative in the first place). For you guys who are proficient in flash, where did you go to learn? Flashkit.com? Did you teach yourself or read a book? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Also, if I have a vector graphics file in illustrator format, can I transfer those vector graphics over to a flash movie seamlessly?

I

ilg

gort said:
OK, so I used to fiddle around with Flash quite a bit when I was in high school. It's been quite a few years since I've used it, though. I've forgotten almost everything I knew before, not to mention I was never that great with it (the latter probably due to me never being too artistically creative in the first place). For you guys who are proficient in flash, where did you go to learn? Flashkit.com? Did you teach yourself or read a book? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Also, if I have a vector graphics file in illustrator format, can I transfer those vector graphics over to a flash movie seamlessly?

well for me i am self taught, i did not take any courses for it. the trick is to just start playing with it. you will eventually get used to it. a good place to start is as you said flashkit.com, and another good resource is the help located right in flash. i did not read any books, but i did deconstruck what other people have created, that is one of the best ways to learn.

R

RobDreugan

One thing I think that helps make you learn faster is having a purpose in mind when you go to do something in there.

Normally if u buy a book or go through a tutorial it's to make something generic and teach you how to do do things through the motions.

Maybe come up with a project you want to complete and buy a dummy book or go on flash kit and start piecing together how you'll create whatever it is you plan on.

C

CaptainMack

ive been looking into flash also and i find the best way to learn something is to play with it

S

steveedge

I am also self taught, I would suggest the macromedia site tutorials, and a Google search for flash tutorials. There is alot of stuff out there, from basic through advanced...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.